Kkkismat ka Kkhel.....

The latest Tata Sky Plus ad shows Aamir Khan washing the dishes and getting all the groceries so that his wife, the sexy, Gul Panag lets him watch the cricket match.

I can't help but imagine a similar situation happening with me in the future. So, allow me to fast forward to the year 2011 (I love time travel!!) and re-live my similar odessey, with a slight twist.

Me: "Hey honey, wake up.....office nahi jana hain kya??.......Here, your breakfast is ready - scrambled eggs, slightly burnt and carrot juice!!"
Wife: (surprised)
Me: "I also packed your tiffin and will get the groceries on my way home :)"
Wife: (loving all this)

Suddenly she realizes what's going on and retorts...

Wife: "Oye....I've seen the ad. I am not going to let you watch the match tonight!!!"
Me: "Pleazzzz honey......It's the World Cup final!!!"
Wife: "No ways.....I have to watch my serial tonight"
Me: "I can't believe you will be watching Kkumkum, over the world cup final - India v/s Pakistan!!!"
Wife: "Nah...not Kkumkum, today I have to watch Jayantiben Jaswantlal Joshi ki Joint Family...followed by Kyunki..."
Me: "What!!!....they have serials with 'J' as well now!!.......what happened? Did they run out of 'K's??" (smile)
Wife: "Arey baba...this is not Ekta Kapoor one....yeh alag hain"
Me: "Then why the hell are you watching it!!!"
Wife: "Ohh.....I like the settings....what amazing curtains they have in their home......we should get ones like those"
Me: ........(speechless)


Me: ........(still speechless)

Me: "Your impossible honey.....you watch those Joshi Jokers cause they have good curtains!!!"
Wife: "Actually even Neena and Ayesha watch it...."
Me: "I mean......sometimes I feel that Kahani Ghar Ghar ki or Kasturi or Kkussum are better........atleast the vamps look 'hot' after all that make-up"
Wife: "I prefer Kyunkii..."
Me: "Yeah rite.....that Ba female in that.....her great great grandson will be getting married soon. That makes her like 300 years old.......plus there are like five mother-in-laws in that serial, who still wear 2 inch ka make-up!!!......they should rename it as Kyunki saas bhi kabhi 'ITEM' thi...!!!!"

Wife: "Whatever....I am not letting you see the match today!!!"
Me: "Pleazze.....pleazzee....pleazzeee...."
Wife: "No ways!!!"

Now the negotiations begin....

Me: "Dekho....we have Tata Sky plus, we'll record you serials....you watch it tomorrow"
Wife: "Why don't you record you match!!!"
Me: "Arey....it's a live telecast...what's the use of watching, after I know the results!!"
Wife: "It's the same here.....what's the use of watching after Ayesha tells me in office, 'who' is getting married to 'whom' but has an affair with 'whom', and 'who' catches 'who', having an affair with 'whom'!!"
Me: "Who!!......sorry.... WHAT!!!

The argument gets serious and after a while the eventual happens - tears in her eyes........

What follows, as aptly depicted in the film 'Pyaar ke side effect' is a land-slide victory to the lady!!!!!

I have to say sorry, wipe of her tears and even sit with her to watch the serials........

The overall result:-

Year: 2011
Date: TBD
Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
Situation: India need 5 runs of the last ball to win the World Cup. Sachin Tendulkar, playing in his last ODI, hits a six!!!
India wins the World Cup
M S Dhoni lifts the trophy as the legend Sachin, waves his final goodbye to the Mumbai crowd.

...and where was I when all this happened......

In Bangalore, next to my adorable wife, watching Mrs. Jayantilal Joshi laugh at me through the telly as the following song plays in my head -

"Dukhi maan mere......."

Comments

Nishat said…
Well, all I can say is try to get used to living without sports. I don't have any first hand experience in this though, but I am not that hung-up on cricket either.

And i have a question for you dude. Why does you wife start the conversation with you with a big 'OYE'. Is someone already decided and this is your way of hinting us something, or, genuine cretivity???
Nishat said…
And I made a typo in my comment. Don't hold it against me.
Prasan Shanbhag said…
I'd love to say 'genuine creativity'.....but the truth is ...thats how she will call me!!

You think she'll call me...."Sunte ho..."
Gouri said…
I did'nt know you are a budding screen-play writer as well ;-)

A couple more such blogs and the Ekta Kapoors of the world might just make a bee-line for B'lore... and want to start producing some 'serious' comedies...

Until then, I'm waiting for some more of these. Good job, dude! And it's 'sensible' of you to have reversed roles... That'll surely get your blog more female following:-)))

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....