A Fairytale....

It was the 4th of July, I was in Mumbai looking forward to what was probably the most important day of my life. It was also the day that the Rain gods showered the might of the rains, on this island city. Little did they know that the rains were the last thing to stop me from meeting the most important girl I had ever known and to express my feelings for her.

It had been raining all morning and I had kept my fingers crossed that it would eventually stop. I delayed my departure from my home for an hour in that hope, but at 11am I simply put on my jacket and left. I told her that I would be reaching at around 12:30pm, considering all the delays in the train……and it was real heartening to see her concern for me, as she made sure that I call her multiple times during my train journey from Tilaknagar to Vile-Parle.

It took me well over an hour to reach my destination. I know, I know…I choose train station to meet my loved one. Most unromantic…...that too considering that I was half soaked in the rain!!!......But that didn’t bother me much. The thought of meeting her one-on-one was too over-whelming for me to be bothered about the background.

I thought of giving her a little surprise, but that didn’t work out and after a few seconds of searching we found each other. The sight of this tall and beautiful lady waving out to me from the crowd almost sealed this moment in time for me. It was as if, everything around me had come to a stand-still and the only thing I could see, was her!!

Even after we greeted each other, there was silence for a few seconds. It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that the lady that I loved so much was not only beautiful from inside but also very good-looking from the outside. She was looking quite astonishing and awesome in her blue jeans and purple top and I was really scared, trying desperately to figure out ways to tell her how I felt about her.

As we sat in the rickshaw and made our way to “Costa Cofee”, I looked into her wonderful eyes and realized for the first time what love was. I could hardly speak as I was mesmerized by the sight of this amazingly beautiful princess that was sitting next to me. We spoke a little in the rickshaw and in some 20 minutes reached the flooded gates of our eventual destination.

That afternoon, we spent atleast 4- 5 hrs at the coffee shop as the rain continued to fall with all its might outside. Slowly I proposed to her over coffee and after a quiet moment, she gladly accepted my love.

I wanted to jump up in the air, like Shammi Kapoor shouting “Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!”, but instead just took her hands in mine and enjoyed our first "Moment of Romance".

What happened for those four hours at Kosta Cofee is quite special for me and I would prefer it to keep it between us, but the result of the whole thing was what mattered most to me -
In February, I had met a very beautiful lady at my brothers’ wedding. We stayed in touch through the internet and the phone, and somewhere during that time I realized that I was falling madly in love with her. She had a wonderful heart and was beautiful from inside. I was hoping that I could spend the rest of my life with her…… and today that dream of mine had taken it’s first step in coming true.

That afternoon, for the first time, I said "I Love you".......
Today, even if I say the same, a thousand times it will fall well short of expressing the magnitude of my love for her. Instead I would close my eyes and tell her the true feeling that resides in my heart -
"Princess, I am madly in love with you. I simply can’t wait to be with you and remember that this Bangalore cha bail is keenly looking forward to take you away for good."

Comments

Nishat said…
Oye hoye, finally, you went public with this.
If I remember properly, you met me the same evening, and I could see it in your eyes.
Saale, woh blush tere gaalon se jaa hi nahin raha thaa.

Sahi hain, I am happy for you, very happy :-D !!

3450/A ka ab mein ek lauta akela bacch gaya.
Prasan Shanbhag said…
Irony of Life -- Aaj tak jiske aaju baaju pariyaan mandratii thi....aaj woh akela bach gaya hain :)
Nishat said…
Pariyaan toh abhi bhi mandratii hain mere dost, lekin woh PARI-TALE bann nahin rahi hain.
Charu said…
Somebody is in Love ... I cant even imagine the 'look' on ur face ... hey what did Nishat say 'The Blush' ... Congrats! You found your emotionsnal atyachaar ;)
Charu said…
Oh btw ... that means some lucky lady is spared 'potato chip' moment ;)
Dear Brother of mine,
Of all youe accomplishments that I am proud of (and you knw u are called the IDEAL CHILD) I am truly proud of this one. I only hope someday someone can write this for me (and you knw its going to be a hell of a task knwing me). Well done and I am so happy for you guys.
Gouri said…
This is such a sweet post, Prasan... comes right from the heart. So happy for you! God bless you both!

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II