The Axe Effect!!
We had an interesting game of tennis today. Amongst the players, two of us were playing the game for the first time and the other two for the second. Yet, even before we got on the court, our confidence was sky high. As we stepped on the court, we could feel the Rafa Nadal or Roger Federrer within us raring to go. But soon we discovered that we were far away from those superstars.....so far, that we would have to climb great mountains and the seven oceans before we reach the 'M' of Mahesh Bhupathi............
Our first seven or eight shots all ended at the nets. Finally a few shots crossed....and after some 15 minutes we actually understood how much power we needed to get the ball correctly across, to the other side. After a while, we decided to have a rally. One easy shot was followed, from the other end, by a great one..Whooosshhhh......
"Good shot macha.....but we are playing tennis, not cricket. In cricket this shot would have been a six for sure!!!.......Nonnn-sense"
"Sorry da....got full josh man"
We played for another 20 mins in which we managed only two rallies. The last shot that I played was an Ace, and that was good enough for me to regain my Rafa confidence as I left the court.
After I reached home, this got this weird idea of making a movie on tennis. Never before has this been made (atleast in Indian cinema) and it would be a sure - shot hit. All I needed was a story and this was what came to my mind -
The name of my movie would be 'THE AXE EFFECT!!'.....why??....you'll soon know.
Now before I begin my story, I pre-empted the fact that you guys may have some very obvious questions, so you will find that I have stopped in between to answer those. Saddle up guys...here goes:
Q: "What the ##@*??"
A: "Chill maadi.....don't you remember that old Cadburys' ad? Kuch khaas hain....zindagi mein....Basically she has told him to win the match...or else she'll run away with Rafeal Nadal!!"
This is inspiration enough for our Hero, who wins the next three sets and goes on to become the first Indian to win a grand-slam!!!....HURRRAYY!!!!!
At the presentation ceremony, he thanks his love for threatning to run away and 'the axe' that his father gave him right in the beginning....the one that made his arms so strong......so, you see....the apt title - THE AXE EFFECT!!
Our first seven or eight shots all ended at the nets. Finally a few shots crossed....and after some 15 minutes we actually understood how much power we needed to get the ball correctly across, to the other side. After a while, we decided to have a rally. One easy shot was followed, from the other end, by a great one..Whooosshhhh......
"Good shot macha.....but we are playing tennis, not cricket. In cricket this shot would have been a six for sure!!!.......Nonnn-sense"
"Sorry da....got full josh man"
We played for another 20 mins in which we managed only two rallies. The last shot that I played was an Ace, and that was good enough for me to regain my Rafa confidence as I left the court.
After I reached home, this got this weird idea of making a movie on tennis. Never before has this been made (atleast in Indian cinema) and it would be a sure - shot hit. All I needed was a story and this was what came to my mind -
The name of my movie would be 'THE AXE EFFECT!!'.....why??....you'll soon know.
Now before I begin my story, I pre-empted the fact that you guys may have some very obvious questions, so you will find that I have stopped in between to answer those. Saddle up guys...here goes:
THE AXE EFFECT!!
The story begins in a small village, in the jugles of Madhumalai. Our young hero, is the only son of a hard-working woodcutter. As the son grows up, his father teaches him the art of cutting wood. The son learns quickly and becomes an expert at cutting wood. Thats how he develops strong arms. Soon, the father realizes that his son's strong arms can do him more good in some other field and asks him to play tennis.
Q: "Why tennis??"
A: "Well.....you see the wood cutter was a big fan on Boris Becker and wanted his son to emulate him!!.......remember guys....MY STORY!!"
So the father brings his son to Bengaluru and enrolls him at the KSLTA (Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association).
Q: "Where does he get the funding from?"
A: "I forgot to tell you that the father is a close friend of Veerappan....so you see...(ahem)......it's black money."
As the son grows up, he becomes an expert at the game. He wins the Bengaluru Open, Karnataka Open and the Indian Open (if there are any such tournaments). There are times when he feels dejected and down. Thats when we introduce some inspirational songs, like those from the movie Iqbal, Chak-de and Victory.
Soon, he is choosen to represent India at the US open!!
Q: "Why US open....why not the other Grand Slams?"
A: "arey yaar...it's too expensive to shoot in Australia and UK. And French....I don't know the language....what will I shoot there!!"
So, our Hero gets a wild-card entry at the US open and wins his way upto the semi-final, where he beats Roger Feddeder. It's a big upset and he his keenly looking forward to beat Rafael Nadal at the finals and become the first ever Indian to win a grand slam!!
Next Scene - The Arthur Ashe stadium in NY. Our hero is practicing with Nadal. Ofcourse, as usual, he has his father in the stands sitting next to Boris Becker!! At the other end is his girl-friend.....she'll play her part too...don't worry.
The match begins. He looses the forst two sets. He is again dejected and down. He doesn't know what to do. He looks up...first to his father who exclaims:
"Sorry beta....we have already finished all the inspirational songs in the first half!!"
He then looks to his girl-friend. She is beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, cute, awesome.........haaiiii mein marjawa................
Ohh, sorry, I am back....she gets up from the grand-stand and runs towards our hero with a cadbury chocolate in her hand. She jumps the fence reaches our hero and gives him the chocolate.
Q: "Why tennis??"
A: "Well.....you see the wood cutter was a big fan on Boris Becker and wanted his son to emulate him!!.......remember guys....MY STORY!!"
So the father brings his son to Bengaluru and enrolls him at the KSLTA (Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association).
Q: "Where does he get the funding from?"
A: "I forgot to tell you that the father is a close friend of Veerappan....so you see...(ahem)......it's black money."
As the son grows up, he becomes an expert at the game. He wins the Bengaluru Open, Karnataka Open and the Indian Open (if there are any such tournaments). There are times when he feels dejected and down. Thats when we introduce some inspirational songs, like those from the movie Iqbal, Chak-de and Victory.
Soon, he is choosen to represent India at the US open!!
Q: "Why US open....why not the other Grand Slams?"
A: "arey yaar...it's too expensive to shoot in Australia and UK. And French....I don't know the language....what will I shoot there!!"
So, our Hero gets a wild-card entry at the US open and wins his way upto the semi-final, where he beats Roger Feddeder. It's a big upset and he his keenly looking forward to beat Rafael Nadal at the finals and become the first ever Indian to win a grand slam!!
Next Scene - The Arthur Ashe stadium in NY. Our hero is practicing with Nadal. Ofcourse, as usual, he has his father in the stands sitting next to Boris Becker!! At the other end is his girl-friend.....she'll play her part too...don't worry.
The match begins. He looses the forst two sets. He is again dejected and down. He doesn't know what to do. He looks up...first to his father who exclaims:
"Sorry beta....we have already finished all the inspirational songs in the first half!!"
He then looks to his girl-friend. She is beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, cute, awesome.........haaiiii mein marjawa................
Ohh, sorry, I am back....she gets up from the grand-stand and runs towards our hero with a cadbury chocolate in her hand. She jumps the fence reaches our hero and gives him the chocolate.
Q: "What the ##@*??"
A: "Chill maadi.....don't you remember that old Cadburys' ad? Kuch khaas hain....zindagi mein....Basically she has told him to win the match...or else she'll run away with Rafeal Nadal!!"
This is inspiration enough for our Hero, who wins the next three sets and goes on to become the first Indian to win a grand-slam!!!....HURRRAYY!!!!!
At the presentation ceremony, he thanks his love for threatning to run away and 'the axe' that his father gave him right in the beginning....the one that made his arms so strong......so, you see....the apt title - THE AXE EFFECT!!
THE END
I am sure you guys liked my story. I am certain that there are lots of people out there who are dying to produce my story......right??
Anybody there??.......hello.............hello......Koi hain??
I am sure you guys liked my story. I am certain that there are lots of people out there who are dying to produce my story......right??
Anybody there??.......hello.............hello......Koi hain??
Comments
Great story.Your imagination is really running wild..Bet your story will win the oscar that is if you can find a producer.