House-Made

Just wanted to announce to the world, the good news that I have been recently blessed with a house-maid, or whom we commonly refer to here as 'bai'.

The moment occurred at 9:10am on Sunday morning, when my land lady knocked on my door and introduced me to Padma bai. As expected, she started to murmur something in a language, which atleast I couldn't understand, but the movements of her hand and some translation by my land lady helped me decipher what her demands were.

Now, with a new bai around the home, come new demands - new washing soap, new cleaning cloth....and like a good home owner I had to nod my head in approval, and swallow this extra expense.

This morning, she woke me up at 6:02am and by 6:24am, my home was spic and span, which is quite an unprecedented event to occur in this household since the past 2 years. When she left, the air had a slight mist of Dettol disinfectant in it, which has basically ensured that the germs, who share my room with me, without paying any rent, are surely dead - all thanks to my new bai.

For those of you who are currently laughing and cursing this blog, I just have to say that you still haven't been able to fully comprehend the importance of a bai at home. Try spending some time without one and you will recognize the crucial role she plays in holding together an Indian household. It took months and months of painful hard work and toil and finally my efforts have been rewarded.

I wish to thank God for this blessing in disguise and pray that every home in India be blessed in a similar fashion.

AMEN

(yaaawwwnnnn)......Ah sorry - Good night!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....