A Filmi couple

One evening, sometime last week, both Prachi and me decided to go for a small walk and also do some grocery shopping on our way back. Before leaving, however, I somehow managed to leave the window of our living room open.

Now, leaving the window open on a hot evening in the Shivanand Nagar locality with some construction work in progress, not very far off, is equivalent of giving out free visas to a dozen or more migrant mosquitoes, who were hovering all over our living room when we returned.

Since, I was the culprit to this crime, I got myself busy in killing the rascals, before they could go about their business -of sucking out our blood.

SWAT! THWACK! The first two mosquitoes were relatively easy.

I had to make strategic use of my height to get to the third guy, while the rest were trying to hide behind the tube light, fridge, TV and wherever else they could escape too. I shook a few things and got the better of a two or three more, as they tried to escape.

All this while Prachi was busy arranging the groceries in the kitchen and she suddenly came back out, after all the commotion I was making. Watching me run around, crazily, after those mosquitoes must have driven her mad and hence she just stood there and shouted, "Why don't you just switch ON that AllOut thing and let it do this job..........waise bhi aaj kal sirf 'Saat khoon maaf' hote hain!!"

I was quite stunned to hear that statement and found it really hard to digest the fact that my PJ's had finally taken an adverse effect on her.

A little while later, we got about our business and I flicked on the TV and started to watch the movie 'Bluffmaster' which was running on the Filmy channel. Both Prachi and me loved this movie, especially because of Nana Patekar's brilliant comic representation. With dialogues like 'Aye Preity, chal Zinta ho jaa...', I wonder who wouldn't love this crazy actor.

However, during one of the commercial breaks, I have this bad habit of surfing across channels and checking out which other movies were running, and for some reason that day I decided to stop on the channel which was actually playing the movie 'Hum aapke hain kaun??'

Now, here is a movie whose literal translation would read - 'Who are we yours??' and with some 13 songs and funny dance moves, I couldn't but help laugh out loud at the melodramatic scenes, that were being played out on the screen. I wondered how a movie like this was actually able to run in cinema halls for years. I even remembered my parents taking me to a theater to watch this movie and looking at it now, I wasn't able to find out a single reason to even give this a 'can watch' status.

Prachi, too, was wondering what I was doing and questioned me, "Why the hell are we watching Hum aapke hain kaun??"

"No idea", I jokingly replied.

"Well then 'Get Idea'!!" she retorted with a cunning wink.

'Damn!', I thought to myself. My wife was beating me at my own game. 2-0 to her so far and I had to make a come back, but had no clue how I would do that.

"Arey", I replied, "I just realized that there is, actually, a death in this movie. I want to know how Renuka Sahane dies?"

"But Bluffmaster is so much better!!"

"Ads are going on yaar. Wait for 2 minutes, she will be dying soon."

I was wrong. Renuka Sahane actually sung an entire song, after she realized that Salman was actually in love with her sister, Madhuri. Just after the song ended, the phone rang and in a valiant attempt to go pick up the phone, our newly promoted bhabhi finally tumbled off a few steps, which were actually carpeted, hurt her head and died in hospital in her husbands' arms, after loosing her voice for some reason!!

I continued to laugh like crazy and after some 20 minutes switched back to the Filmy channel, only to find to my horror that the Bluffmaster movie had ended. I cursed the channel, who had chosen that very day to forgo a major portion of ad-revenue and made me a bad husband for the umpteenth time in a single day.

Prachi looked angrily at me again and said, "So, did you learn anything from this?"

"Yes," I replied in a slow tone.

"What?"

"No One Killed Renuka!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....