Pressure

The first time I came across the word 'Pressure' was in my Physics text book, which defined the term as force per unit area. Simply put, 'Pressure' was nothing but the amount of force applied on a surface.

As I grew older, I came across a few more scenarios where the word 'Pressure' was used along with a suitable prefix. Social Pressure, Academic Pressure, Financial Pressure, Family Pressure and many more. In each case, the source and magnitude of force applied changed, but the surface remained the same - me!!

Yesterday, as I sat and thought about it, I realized that all this while, it was just 'Life', grooming me for something bigger.

Let's go back to Physics for an example. If you take a stone and throw it on a piece of glass, it will break. But if you take the same stone and try to throw it on a diamond, chances are that the stone will break, but the diamond will definitely not.

Your ability to handle pressure, will determine if you are a piece of glass or a shining diamond. The closer you get to become a diamond, the more valuable you become to your family, your friends and more importantly to the corporation you work for.

Don't worry, I haven't started giving Management lessons. I am simply sharing some personal experiences that I am sure all of us go through. However, like every guru, I wish to give you all some simple advice to help you weather the storm.

Whenever in trouble; keep a cool head, maintain a smile on you face at all times, try harder, hold the hand of someone you really love and you will not realize how things simply fall in place.

Easier said than done right? But chances are 9 out of 10 times this will surely work.

OK, I have to be more realistic.......it's more like 6 out of 10 times, but there's no harm in trying these things. You have to take your chances in life. :)

Comments

Nishat said…
Moreover, what is a diamond ?! It is carbon under extreme pressure :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....