My Very Own Bollywood Diva
Yet another fine Saturday morning in the city of Bengaluru and like a very good husband, I spent the day lazing on the sofa with my legs stretched out on the coffee table, watching CNN IBN's telecast of Bollywood Divas' which was featuring the life and times of yesteryear heart-throb - Madhubala. Thanks to my laziness, Prachi too got busy with her laptop, on the chair next to the sofa, to complete her office work or 'verbatims' as she refers to it.
Soon, the host, Rajeev Masand, spoke about her steamy affair with Dilip Kumar which eventually broke up on the sets of Naya Daur. Being totally unaware of this new piece of data in my life, I excalimed, "Aila, I didn't know she had an affair with Dilip Kumar, I only knew about her marriage with Kishore Kumar!!"
Prachi, however, was probably too busy with her work and I thought she had hardly noticed what I had said or what was running on the tube.
A couple of minutes later, Rajeev Masand excused himself to take a commercial break and thats' when Prachi suddenly started to talk, "Yeah, she had an affair with Dilip Kumar from 1951 to 1955. They officially broke up during the shooting of Naya Daur in 1956 and she only met Kishore Kumar on the sets of Chalti ka Naam Gaadi in 1958"
That statement had me stunned for quite a while, I was absolutely impressed.
"Wow" I exclaimed again, "I didn't know you knew so much about Madhubala. That too with such intricate details!!.....I had no idea you liked her so much!!"
I was so proud of her that I almost felt as if I had my very own 'Diva' sitting right next to me with a bundle of knowledge, up her sleeve. Everyday, I was discovering something new about her and no surprises that I was liking it a lot.
I almost stood up to give her a standing ovation, when I saw her throw a wicked smile at me and turned her laptop to show me where her new found data had just come from - Wikipedia!!
'Damn you wi-fi!!'
Soon, the host, Rajeev Masand, spoke about her steamy affair with Dilip Kumar which eventually broke up on the sets of Naya Daur. Being totally unaware of this new piece of data in my life, I excalimed, "Aila, I didn't know she had an affair with Dilip Kumar, I only knew about her marriage with Kishore Kumar!!"
Prachi, however, was probably too busy with her work and I thought she had hardly noticed what I had said or what was running on the tube.
A couple of minutes later, Rajeev Masand excused himself to take a commercial break and thats' when Prachi suddenly started to talk, "Yeah, she had an affair with Dilip Kumar from 1951 to 1955. They officially broke up during the shooting of Naya Daur in 1956 and she only met Kishore Kumar on the sets of Chalti ka Naam Gaadi in 1958"
That statement had me stunned for quite a while, I was absolutely impressed.
"Wow" I exclaimed again, "I didn't know you knew so much about Madhubala. That too with such intricate details!!.....I had no idea you liked her so much!!"
I was so proud of her that I almost felt as if I had my very own 'Diva' sitting right next to me with a bundle of knowledge, up her sleeve. Everyday, I was discovering something new about her and no surprises that I was liking it a lot.
I almost stood up to give her a standing ovation, when I saw her throw a wicked smile at me and turned her laptop to show me where her new found data had just come from - Wikipedia!!
'Damn you wi-fi!!'
Comments