Krishna and cousins
Hi Bumpsie,
It's been a long time since I wrote to you!
A lot has happened here in the past two weeks' and I thought I should update you on the same
Firstly, it appears that you will be coming into this world with 2 other cousins of yours'. Yes - your Gauri atya and Nandini atya are both pregnant (like your Mumma) and we only got this news last week when we went to visit Gauri atya, who stays here in Bangalore (unlike Nandini atya who stays in Goa)
We celebrated a function called Raksha Bandhan where every sister ties a Rakhi (or special thread) on her brothers' hand and thanks him for protecting her
We followed that function with a sumptuous Malyalam style meal or Sadhya, which is a special meal which is prepared to celebrate Onam. Ohh yes, I have to mention here that Bhagu bhavoji (Gauri atya's husband) is from Kerala, unlike the rest of us who hail from Mumbai with natives in North Karnataka (Kumta and Hegde)
So, if all goes according to plan, you will be coming into this world just 2 months before your other cousins. And even though the gap between your ages is very small, remember always to love and take care of them like your real siblings
Among other news, your grandparents (lets call them Papa Abu and Mumma Aaji) for now, visited us this weekend. They actually came because Papa abu had some work, but it also happened that yesterday (September 2nd, 2018) was Krishna Jamnashthami - or simply put god Krishna's birthday!
On this day, we make a special vegetarian meal and do a Puja on Lord Krishna's idol. And this was a perfect occasion for Mumma and me to Welcome a little Krishna idol into our homes'
Now, I don't know if you will be a Girl or a Boy and I obviously don't know what your name will be, but if it going to be related to either Krishna or Meera, it is because we yesterday was a very special day - your very first Jamnashthami





Comments