Amul Symbol

Hi Kapus,

It's been a year now that I have been actively posting stuff on LinkedIn as part of my profile in proteanTecs and getting a good response. Slowly I noticed that posts which went live on Monday at 5:30pm were more likely to get more views

So on the 27th of November, there would be a post on the symbol of Amul which was inspired by you!

Here is a sneak-peak before anyone else sees it  

=========================================================

It was a regular Sunday afternoon yesterday and my daughter and I shared our favourite ‘Amul Dark chocolate’ post lunch. However, as she moved to her second square, she asked me,

“What is this? It doesn’t read Amul on it?”

On closer observation, I realised that on full slab of Amul Dark Chocolate, the squares in a chequered board format have the brand name ‘Amul’ inscribed in it – whereas the rest of the squares have a little symbol, which when zoomed in, looked like a ring of 4 hands coordinated with each other.

Her inquisitiveness fuelled mine, and we got onto the internet to find out more. It turns out, that this is the symbol of the “Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union” – the original organization which started the Milk Revolution in India, which we all know famously as – Amul Dairy!

Read further and it even tells you what the 4 hands stand for:

The First hand is of a Farmer,

The second hand belongs to the Processor,

The third hand is that of the Marketer

and the Fourth hand is of a Customer

The symbol highlights the joint efforts and productive teamwork that has enabled the success of Amul as a brand

Website link - https://www.amuldairy.com/

I have had Amul chocolate tons of times before, but it was the keen observation and questioning of a 4.5-year-old that resulted in me gaining some valuable knowledge on this occasion

It so happens that yesterday was also the 102nd birth anniversary of Dr Varghese Kurien, the founder of Amul – so if you also learnt something new today, please leave a like or comment below

============================================================


I hope you keep the inquisitiveness inside of you alive and ask lots of questions

Cheers,

Dadoo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....