Friendship Day

Date: 3rd August 2026

Dear Kapish,

I am writing this from Israel.

Over the past week, while travelling for work, I have realized just how much I miss both Mumma and you. Every day, our little video call has become the highlight of my day. No matter how busy the schedule has been, seeing your smiling faces for even a few minutes has always brought a smile to mine.

Today, when I called, you were busy finishing your homework. Grade 2 certainly seems to have brought along a little more work than Grade 1!

In between solving your worksheets, you excitedly told me about your Friendship Day celebrations at school. You proudly shared that three of your friends had gifted you friendship bands, something you were absolutely delighted to receive.

What touched me even more, however, was what you did in return.

Since you hadn't gone to school carrying friendship bands yourself, you decided to make something with your own hands. Using your Origami kit, you carefully created beautiful little cards, each with a personal message written especially for one of your friends.

A little later, Mumma sent me photographs and a video of your creations, and I couldn't stop smiling.

There is something very special about a handmade gift.

It may not cost much, but it carries something that no store-bought present ever can—time, effort, thoughtfulness, and love.

I sincerely hope that, over the coming years, you make friendships that stand the test of time.

Lots of love from Israel.

Cheers,

Dadoo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....