My first success as a project lead
Yesterday, I enjoyed the completion of my first project as a lead.
The above statements is flawed in many ways. Firstly, the project isn't complete. Its just the first phase that is done. Secondly, I am not exactly a project lead here. Just the senior partner in a two member team. And third and the probably the most important one being that this phase was completed way behind schedule!!!
I could pin-point a dozen reasons for the late delivery of the 6 designs, but in the end all that matters is that, it is the sole responsibility of the lead to ensure the completion of the phase on time, and that did not happen. Anyways, this blog is not about what went wrong.....its simply about the pleasure I gained, yesterday, on its completion!!
I had always dreamed of this. Right from childhood I wanted to excell. I grabbed every opputunity I got, but success at the corporate level always eluded me. Even when I joined Ammos last year, fresh from my Masters, I was looking forward to an oppurtunity to make my seniors and the management proud. AND THIS FINALLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY!!!!
Trust me, its just the greatest feeling in the world. I acheived not more than 1% of my overall dream.....but I enjoyed the moment as if I have acheived my overall goal in life :)
I guess I need to thank my colleague Mayank, for showing great patience and handling the biggest and toughest of the designs with great care. I also need to thank my director Sudeep, who allowed me to handle everything here in Sirf without too much interference and for being there when I was stuck in the physical verification part. I had read somewhere that a good manager is one who gives his engineers tasks that are difficult, but achievable, and backs his team through any adversities they face. Sudeep set an example and I religiously tried to follow it when dealing with Mayank.
This is my very first blog and I would like to end it by listing down something that a very senior person had told me a few years back -
"Life and people can take away everything from you, but your experience is something they cannot touch, so treasure it!!! "
Comments