As the sun sets in 2008.......

The last post of the year!!

I am a novice blogger and yet, amongst my busy schedule of chip-designing, I managed to somehow jot down 40 odd blogs......not bad eh, kanna??

This could mean two things:
1. I have discovered a hidden, inner talent.
2. I have no other work!!!

A vast majority of you will believe in the latter ............and to be honest, I think you guys are right :(

So, what were the highlights for me in 2008??

I started the year in a paying-guest accommodation in J.P nagar paying 5k for a small room with an attached bath and a common drawing room with a TV that hardly aired 20 channels. (Sometimes it tends to remind you of being in a prison cell). However, I end the year with my very own rented 1BHK apartment in B.E.M.L, with a TV that airs 100 channels thanks to my jhingalala connection.
So, was that my new year resolution for 2008?... Nahhh.....but now I will claim it to be one and say that I achieved what I was hoping to achieve in 2008.

Highlight No. 2 would probably be the mid-year move from Ammos to Open-Silicon. The credit for that goes to Sudeep, who kinda inspired that move and the memorable part of the whole project was the strategy the team adopted to excute the whole plan.
Careerwise, 2008 has been a great learning year for me as a PD engineer and with projects like SL-3R and Soquel under my belt, I have gained immense experience in not only the PD flow but more importantly in the Low-Power domain which will be the 'happening' thing in the coming years.
It feels great to be a part of a team that won the GSA Award for the 'Most Respected Private Semiconductor Company' in 2008, just 5 years after its inception and I hope to contribute further to that cause, despite the recent 'Change of Guard'.
Thank you Satya and Chitra for the support you guys have given me over the last six months. Your presence will be sorely missed.

Other memorable events in 2008 include the vacation with my family after a long -long time and the trip through the jungles of Ebbannad.

Last but not the least, I must talk of the movies. Being a big movie buff, it is quite sad to realize that I saw only two movies in the theatre in the entire year!!! The methodology followed to watch the rest would probably get me arrested and hence I don't want to explicitly mention it.
But yeah, the movie of the year for me has been 'A Wednesday'. A hatke movie coming out of the commercial Bollywood studio was a treat to watch.

Another movie worth a mention, was the second movie I saw at the cinema. A movie which we were looking forward to since mid-year. I am referring to Aamir Khan's Ghajini. Inspired from the english movie Memento, and a re-make of the Tamil movie of the same name, Ghajini, is worth a watch for Aamirs' body and the acting skills of Asin.
After setting high personal standards with movies like Lagaan, RDB and TZP, if you felt Aamir would never make a South Indian istyle movie.....well....just go watch Ghajini.

And haan....if Aamir can make Ghajini, don't discount the one and only Rajini!!!
Amongst my movies to watch out for in 2009 is Superstar Rajinis' Endhiram, starring Aishwarya Rai Bachhan.

So, on that note, I would like to say a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all and in true Bengaluru Chamrajpet Charles style lets say goodbye to 'The year of the Masala Dosa' and say a warm Hello to 'The year of the Rava Masala Dosa'!!!

Yo......I am loving it........

Comments

Gouri said…
A very Happy New Year 2009 to you (yet again :-))

I haven't yet understood. Did you like Ghajini? ;p
Prasan Shanbhag said…
ohh yes....I liked it.

Not the best movie around....but definitely worth a watch

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....