My first Sapling

I know, the title of this blog may mislead you to believe that I am about to write a nice little comprehension or poem!!......Don't worry, it's none of the above. I simply wanted to mark the day in 2009, when I brought my first sapling home.

Yes, I love plants and greenery. During my college days, back in Mumbai, I used to regularly water the Tulsi and 'Money' plant that my mother had planted. The plant had grown to be real nice and big. I even remember my mom had to changed the pot since they had overgrown the smaller ones in which they were first placed. All those plants, however, ever washed away during the July 26th floods in Mumbai. Three days of continuous rain had ruined the plants beyond recovery.

Last year, when I rented my own place, I had expressed a keen desire to have a few plants at home. That desire had to wait almost 8 months, until last Sunday. I was walking home from the local grocery shop 'Magic Mart' when I saw a guy selling small plants on his little cart. I approached him and asked him if he had Tulsi. he pointed to a few small tulsi saplings which were kept in little plastic bag which contained a fistful of soil.

I first checked with my mom for a little advice, before I embarked on my latest passion. She told me, that since it was just a sapling, I would need to be careful for the first few days till the plant actually starts growing. She even adviced me on an ideal location in the house where I cud place it, while it grows, before I place it outdoors.




So, here goes......my little Sapling has survived its 5 days in my bachelors' pad!!

I did some online research to find out that I may have to continue to keep it in incubation for another 10 days before the tree actually starts to grow freely. So....watch this space for more updates in the coming few months :)


Comments

Sumita said…
Whats next? Kadipatta?
Gouri said…
Tulsi and all, haan... cool! The pic has given the post a nice touch.

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....