Shopping with the stars'
Last Sunday, I woke up feeling rather lazy after 4 days of hectic running around. I sipped some delicious coffee and breakfast that dearest wifey had made for me while watching Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate.
At around 12, I started to feel hungry and I convinced Prachi that we head to 'Healthy Affairs' restaurant for lunch cause a lot of people had warned me that my stomach was getting out of shape and control.
So, we went had a 'healthy' serving of starters, lunch and dessert, by reminding the waiter no to add any 'extra' oil atleast 10 times, so that we atleast feel better from within (as if that helps!) and as we were driving home decided to stop over at the local Namdharis' shop to do some grocery shopping.
As we went through the usual routine of shopping for veggeies, fruits and some healty ladoos, I turned around and saw Vankatesh Prasad walk in with his wife. It was amazing to see India's premier bowler of a generation and the guy who practically invented the 'slower' delivery stand right behind us, pick up 2 boxes of corn-flakes, while his wife was busy in the green section.
Standing at 6'3" and fully fit even at his age was giving me a major complex and Prachi had almost be-befriended him by exclaiming in a very small voice - "Look... Venkatesh is here!"
We were tempted to ask for a pic and an autograph but realized that he was there with his wife and had chosen 3pm on a Sunday to do shopping to avoid people like us, so we left them alone.
As we walked out and sat in the car, I looked at Prachi and told her once again - This is Bengaluru!.....I wouldn't expect this to happen anywhere else.
Comments