Vision Sessions

One of the first tasks assigned to us in our new office was to help organize the annual User Conference, which unlike the previous conferences we had organized, was far far bigger in size.

Till date, for me, User conferences' were all about fun. Meeting old colleagues, friends, mixing around with customers, dining in a 5 star atmosphere and a few special moments when I actually got to work one on one with the CEO of Magma!

This Conference, however, was quite different. Here, my team was actually involved in running the show and I was assigned the task of handling the registration booth for companies starting from the alphabet J to N for two consecutive days. In those two days, I learnt the art of handing out registration badges, welcome gifts, organizing attendee lists and keeping at bay serial perpetrators who only turn-up to collect freebies.

Being a new venue, the people who attended only complained that some of the rooms for a few tracks were over-crowded and hence many didn't show up on Day 2, but overall the conference was well received. The quality of the papers presented was top-class, but the largest crowds were attracted by the 2 - 3 'vision' sessions that were conducted by top executives, where they spoke of their vision of the designs of the future and where the industry was headed.

Considering the complaints of some of the customers on Day-1, I too had a 'vision' of my own for this conference in the future. With all the technological advances we have made in the fields of telecom and wireless communications, I would love to see a day when people walk into the conference location, download a mobile app on their i-OS or Andriod powered phones and log into a session of their choice and reap the benefits of the technical presentation whilst they roam around the 5-star premises and do some window shopping or sip some coffee in their favourite restaurant.

Once the track is over, the user would be prompted to rate the paper and these ratings would automatically get updated into the master website which would immediately be able to come up with the winners name in no-time.

Sounds easy doesn't it? It's probably even been tried out somewhere!

Whatever the case, I would love to see this technology being applied in our daily lives so that we save on costly paper and man-power charges. I am definitely going to dig around for some answers to see if I could in any way help making this 'vision' a reality.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....