Maa - my name is on a book!
Every once in a while, life gives you an opportunity to work on a project that benefits you in more than one way.
Sometime last year, I was hit with a similar opportunity. At that point of time it appeared more like a challenge to me which I accepted with a lot of confidence. I worked hard, got a team together and a few months we had a very happy customer who blessed us with a load of praises. However, that wasn't the end of it.
Little did I know then that the person I interfaced with, was also a celebrated author of half a dozen books on Engineering and one fine day he sent me an email saying that he plans to write his last book on Low Power in ASIC design and wants me to review the same for him. I readily jumped to that opportunity and provided my feedback. Things quietened down as the book went into publication and it was only this morning that I received my complimentary copy.
It gives you a very different kind of happiness to see your name printed on a book that will soon be used by Engineering students worldwide (though with a slight spelling mistake). This one though is just an acknowledgement - someday I dream to author my very own book!

Comments