The Beautiful Game!

Hey Kiddo,

You should know that your Dadoo is a big Football Fan and for the past month or so, was completely absorbed in following the world cup in Russia

Four years' back (in 2014), I started to write a blog on the game, but only managed the below paragraphs:
"Once every four years' we have a sporting spectacle called the 'World Cup'. Whether its football, rugby or the game of cricket - it's a magnificent stage for stars' from all around the world to gather in one spot and showcase their talents. The year 2014, though, belonged to Pele's "Beautiful game" - Football.

I have been following the game for a long time now and since the last world cup I took an even more sincere interest in tracking many of the players as they made their wares in different clubs sprawled across the globe. From the English Premier League (where my favourite team Liverpool plays) to the Spanish La Liga and from the German Bundesliga to the Italian Seria A (prounced 'aah'), I got to see these superstars throughout the year.

However, over the past year or so whilst following the various leagues and the ensuing world cup, I came across a completely different angle to the game - The Managerial Angle!"
  
True to what I had written, I have been completely taken in by the managerial side of the game which comprises of formations, strategy and much more. So much so that when my colleague picked France as his favourite team at the start, I looked at their squad/manager and told him that they had the best chance at winning - and win they did!!


I had also picked Belgium and Iceland to be surprise entries and they did not disappoint either
My pick, however, was Brazil who bowed out in the Quarter-final itself (more on that later)

For now, I must say that Football will continue to be my favourite game for a long long time to come. I cant wait for the day when you sit next to me, wearing a Liverpool jersey, as we celebrate them winning the Permier League (or UEFA Champions League) trophy after quite some time

However, this world cup was special. The football was good, VAR or Video Assistant Refree made its debut, the midfield maestros like Modric and Coutinho made a bigger impact than the goal scorers and most importantly - this was the first ever football world cup final which you witnessed from inside your Momma's tummy!

The next edition of this spectacle will be held in Qatar in 2022 and we have many more interesting matches and tournaments to go before that - so come soon and don't mind me making you a big football fan like myself

Until next time - See Ya!

Regards,
Dadoo

(P.S - we can now see a small bump appear on your Mumma's tummy which indicates that you are growing rapidly and hence, we have a new name for you - BUMPSIE!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....