ACHTUNG baby!!!

Stories of women drivers are world famous....and India is not to be left behind. Our lady drivers take equal if not more pride in owning or driving a car and are well known as the most dangerous drivers on the roads today.
My first expereince with a lady driver was my mom. She now owns a driver license for over 10 years, but I am certain she doesn't even have 10 mins of driving experience. Today I would give anything to see my mom start a car without problems!!
The other memorable experience of my life, with lady drivers was what I saw on the roads in Juhu, Mumbai. There was a lady riding a Yamaha RX135 along with her fellow classmate. An awesome sight no doubt. She must have been at a decent speed of around 40 kms/hr. Suddenly a stray dog, for some strange reason, decided to cross the road in front of them. Any other 'normal' driver would have used his or her right leg on the break paddle to slow down the bike. But our lady driver, somehow hated the 'normal' definition, and decided to use another part of her body to tackle the situation. She just closed her eyes, opened her mouth wide and let out a loud scream......!!!!! Amazingly, the bike was still under her control, the poor, scared dog ran off and all other motirists screeched to a halt. Ms. Yamaha however just continued on her way and disappeared out of sight. The heartbeat rate and BP of all other who watched would have crossed acceptable limits, but I doubt that her speedometer went down to 39 kms/hr even once during the entire incident.
The latest one however, happened just yesterday and inspired me to write this blog. A colleague here bought a new car a few weeks back and I already see a dent near the lower front left wheel. When I confronted her with the question yesterday, she said it was her husband who caused it and he is the one learning to drive. It is for him that a large 'L' sign has been pasted on the rear with thick red tape. Fine, I couldn't argue more, so I went to my next round of complaints. I told her that the sun shade used on the windows and on the rear glass is too dark and is illegal. She would have been cought by the RTO in mumbai atleast...not sure about bangalore. To that she replies, "I use a new technology to see in my side window.....its called 'rolling down my windows'!!!!!!".....hehehe.....now here is a technology that I need to find out more about. :)
Than I asked, what about the back....."Are you able to see anything in the rear view mirror at night?". The answer she gave me almost threw me offf my chair!! She said something like "Rear view mirror is to be used only to look at people sitting at the back. It is applicable only when you go out with your family or friends".......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........
I swear, if I was a cartoon character, my lower jaw would have dropped down on the table, my toungue would have rolled out of it and my eyes would have left the socket and darted out like arrows...........in bangalooru ishtyle I would probably say - WHAT E ANSWER!!!! :)
I could understand, if a BPO cab driver would give this reason, considering the beauties that sit behind in their vehicles, but definately not from her. Ma'am.....if you read this....u shud know, the rear view mirror is mainly meant for reversing, which is the preffered mode of parking and many other reasons that lead to safe driving on Indian roads.
I do hope for the sake of everyone that you were joking yesterday when you said it, but I still wanna say a little prayer to all the pedestrians, vehicles, stones and pillars that you will hit, bump, dent, stratch or kill......May their souls rest in peace. AMEN!!!
As for others, if you happen to be on the roads and see a car with dark sun shade coming towards you .....all I wanna say is Achtung......Lady in command :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....