The eyes that rocked my world!!
My second blog in as many days….not a bad effort. But today I was truly inspired to write!!
It happened this morning as I strode to work. I was approaching the main gate at IBC knowledge park, where SiRF is located and just as I was about to cross, I saw a lady get out from the auto and walk towards the entrance. Somehow, I just couldn’t help notice her grey eyes that had me embarrassingly starring at her for quite a while. She saw me, but went about her business. I assume she is used to people stare at her pretty eyes quite often. I slowed down my pace and let her lead me into the gate. I kept following her until she took the first right into the ‘A’ wing. As I continued my lonely walk towards the ‘C’ wing, I cudn’t help but think of that lucky guy who would have the sole pleasure of staring romantically into those eyes day in and day out. My thoughts took me back to my college days and reminded me of CG.
It happened during our third year of engineering. Like every year, a new batch of students was to roll in for admissions in our college. This was the same year that Mumbai University had introduced extra seats in IT to meet the demand of the industry that was booming at that time. For us, it only meant more girls coming into college!!! I was told that Shah and Anchor was in demand that year. The admission had closed at close to 95%. The college had obtained ‘A’ grade by than. Little did the new batch know that just two years senior, there was a batch of filthy loafs who had taken admissions at just 79%, when the ranking was much lower.
So, it was than that Ms. CG joined Shah and Anchor. I was unfortunate not to have made contact with her in the first year. It was in her second year that her class was shifted to the one in the corner next to the HOD’s room on the same floor as mine, that I started seeing more of her on a daily basis. Than one fine day in the library, I gathered all my courage and introduced myself. I have no idea what I had said, I just hope I didn’t scare her too much. Slowly our friendship grew. I think I can safely say here that I had a crush on her!!!
As a typical guy, I used all in my power to impress her wherever I could. I clearly remember the sports day in my final year. Just a day before, we had spoken and I remember telling her that I was going to be playing in the class football team and she should come and watch even though she wasn’t taking part. Unfortunately, that same evening my grandfather expired and I had to go pay my last tribute to the man who had taken care of my mother and my other aunts, when my real grandfather passed away at a young age. I was told by my friends the next day that C had come to see our match. I would like to believe that she had come, cause I had called her. But I never got my chance to explain my absence to her.
I was still young and foolish back than. Immature would be the proper word. I did stuff which I really regret now. But all that meant that our friendship started falling apart. She would still say Hello to me when we met, but I knew she hated me for what I had done. I completed my engineering and took up a job, very close to office. It was than, that one day I had been to dadar for some bank work and happened to alighted bus 521 and saw her sitting right there. I asked her of I could take the seat next to hers and she obliged. It was during that journey that I was really able to make real eye contact and see how beautiful her eyes were. C, I hope that someday somehow you come to read this blog, cause I really wanna say what I couldn’t say that day. “I think you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen in my life. I have no idea where you will be when you read this, but all I ask from you is to forgive me if possible for all those stupid things I did. I am hoping that we could still remain friends for a long long time to come.”
Comments