The week that was

A lot happened in the past week. I don't know how I will be able to fit it all in one blog, but lemme try. It was all about people leaving, either of their own accord or because of reasons beyond their control. It started with Mayank, who left Ammos to join Freescale Semiconductor in Noida. Next came Anwar who went across to Tata Elxsi. Payaswini had already resigned becuase she was all set to get married in May and had indicated that she would have to move to Bahrain to join her hubby. And last but not least Akshata told me that she is taking a break from her work in SiRF.
So, how does this all affect me. For starters my heart goes out for Akshata. I have known her now only for a few months and she came around as a very simple and naive girl from shimoga who was really still getting accustomed to the city life in bangalore. She had told me once that she has a heart condition. I don't remember the exact details, but she said something like the blood being pumped to her heart stops if she gets too excited to too sad. Biology was my weakest subject in school, but I knew enough to understand that her problem hadn't been diagonized as yet by the doctors. She had taken to fever a few weeks back and than I was quite shocked when she came up to me on thursday and said that she needs 3 -4 months of complete bed rest and had to undergo treatment as that condition had aggrevated. I felt very sad for her, but I guess the only thing I can do is to pray for her, which I will. Wish you a very quick recovery bunny......hope to see you on your feet at the earliest.
The only other person whose absence would really affect me was Payaswini or simply Paya. Now here is a name that you don't hear to often. The name meant "an ever flowing river" and she justified her name perfectly cause words would just keep flowing from her mouth. She was a big time chatterbox and somehow I liked her for that. Whenever she would been in office, rest assured that environmant wouldn't be silent :) ......... But among all the chatter she was also a good worker. Scared a bit initially as all freshers are, but I am glad that she took Voltage Storm in her stride. I could sit here in SiRF and not be worried about the static power analysis part for Anuvani, cause I could simply trust her to do it correctly. We had grown to be good friends, a friendship that not everyone in office took in the correct sense. But that didn't bother me. I knew she was engaged right from the start and I respected that. I guess I would miss her and all her chatter and leg pulling. I know she will read this and so I must say - Keep in touch 'boddi' and hope you miss bangalore's cheeku milk shake :)
Before I finish up I must talk about what happened on friday. Anwar had called all of us for the last time. Sunil aka 'Papa' was to take over his role and we spoke about office matters and where we see ourselves and how to position ourselves in the market. After coffee we even went to Empire and dined on grilled chicken, kabab and dal rice. But the memory of the day was what Anwar told me in the car as he dropped me off at night. I probably shouldn't mention it right here but the peice of advice I received was really valuable. It was the answer that I had been hunting for quite some time now. I am not sure how well I am able to capitalize on it, but Anwar, thanks for the advice and rest assured I will put my heart to it and try and take it to success.

Comments

Nishat said…
I did not know about Anwar. Man, it is an absolute shocker.

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....