Two fer
When you play corporate level cricket, like I do, every now and then, you tend to come across oppositions who aren't that great. On such occasions, you will find the captain toss the ball into the hands of the lesser known, non-regular bowlers to ensure that the opponents atleast score a decent amount of runs for the batsmen to chase. It's only on such occasions that I find myself bowling.
Yesterday, our captain's intentions were certainly clear when Anil was asked to bowl the 3rd over and I was called on to bowl the 9th - we had to let the batsmen make some runs.
(Ok, before moving on, I must state here that this blog is a reality unlike my 'DELLdrums' blog......so please read on)
Twice, I have played on the Railways Ground and twice we have faced opposition that havn't been quite upto the mark. On my first outing, I saw myself giving away 40 runs in the allotted 3 overs, for no wickets. This time around the statistics were better.....only slightly.
So, my quota of 2 overs saw me bowl a handful of wides (two of which actually landed outside the pitch), was hit for a boundary of the very first delivery and was also lofted for back to back sixes - mighty huge sixes, I must say. But, what mattered most for me was that, out of utter frustration, two batsmen threw away their wicket and thankfully, both catches went to some of the better known fielders in our side.
In the end, I was happy to return home with my career best figures which read "2-0-25-2".
One would say that it is enough for me to proclaim this as 'Wonderful Day', but I do regret the wides I bowled, especially the ones which didn't even land on the pitch!!
I, also, regret paying a Rs. 100 fine for unknowingly entering a one-way road in the maze that is Sheshadripuram.
Whatever the case, the thing I enjoyed the most was to end up on the winning side and, for a change, contributing in a small way to the win. I love playing cricket and I may not be as enthusiastic about the game like my other friends, but I am keen to try harder and improve my overall game in the time to come.
What's more - Playing the game, has made sure that I have lost a few pounds. So, if any of you find it, you know where to return it. :)
Cheers.
Yesterday, our captain's intentions were certainly clear when Anil was asked to bowl the 3rd over and I was called on to bowl the 9th - we had to let the batsmen make some runs.
(Ok, before moving on, I must state here that this blog is a reality unlike my 'DELLdrums' blog......so please read on)
Twice, I have played on the Railways Ground and twice we have faced opposition that havn't been quite upto the mark. On my first outing, I saw myself giving away 40 runs in the allotted 3 overs, for no wickets. This time around the statistics were better.....only slightly.
So, my quota of 2 overs saw me bowl a handful of wides (two of which actually landed outside the pitch), was hit for a boundary of the very first delivery and was also lofted for back to back sixes - mighty huge sixes, I must say. But, what mattered most for me was that, out of utter frustration, two batsmen threw away their wicket and thankfully, both catches went to some of the better known fielders in our side.
In the end, I was happy to return home with my career best figures which read "2-0-25-2".
One would say that it is enough for me to proclaim this as 'Wonderful Day', but I do regret the wides I bowled, especially the ones which didn't even land on the pitch!!
I, also, regret paying a Rs. 100 fine for unknowingly entering a one-way road in the maze that is Sheshadripuram.
Whatever the case, the thing I enjoyed the most was to end up on the winning side and, for a change, contributing in a small way to the win. I love playing cricket and I may not be as enthusiastic about the game like my other friends, but I am keen to try harder and improve my overall game in the time to come.
What's more - Playing the game, has made sure that I have lost a few pounds. So, if any of you find it, you know where to return it. :)
Cheers.
Comments