History in the making

The year 2014 will be fondly embedded in my heart for a couple of reasons.

On the 16th of May 2014, as the counting to the General Elections began, it was clear very early that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was eventually going to emerge as the single largest party with a majority in the Lok Sabha. In a country, which was being ruled by coalition governments' over the last few decades, this was something completely unprecedented. A few years back, I had mentioned to somebody that it was impossible for the BJP to come back to power as they lacked a strong leader.Yet in the year 2014, I was proved wrong.

Another thing happened in this year. My favourite football team - Liverpool, who in a the past few years' had been on a downward trend suddenly went on a unthinkable run of 11 consecutive wins in the English Premier League and ended up 2nd in the point's table, just 2 points shy of the eventual winners' Manchester City. They would have ended up winning the league had they not lost to Chelsea, a loss which was totally masterminded by their manager, Jose Mourinho.

I mention these two abstract examples, because in both cases, the turn-around of fortunes was inspired by the dreams of a single person. In the case of BJP, it was our current PM designate - Mr. Narendra Modi and for Liverpool, it was the vision of their current manager, Mr. Brendan Rogers.

In both cases, these individuals took an institution from the absolute tatters to the zenith of success using sheer tactical brilliance. Whilst, NaMo would end up as our new PM in a few days' time, BR stumbled at the last step and fell slightly short, but instilled enough confidence in the supporters' to dream of the title which has eluded us for far too long.

Which brings me to a word that has mesmerized me for a while now - Strategy!
From the BJP to the Liverpool Football Club, from Intel's broadroom plans to Googles' handling of Motorola Mobility, a perfectly executed strategy makes or breaks the eventual outcome.
Hence, I have decided to delve further into the art of coming up with a good winning strategy. I will be following the actions of NaMo and BR very religiously over the coming few years and also have other plans which should help me hone my skills. 

The idea is for me to understand a situation and come up with ideas that are not only innovative, but give you a very good chance at success. I don't know how far I will get in this quest of mine, but looks like I have surely found myself a good direction to focus on....
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....