Perspective

Hi Bumpsie,

As you grow up, you will definitely hear a lot about the traffic scene in Bengaluru, The metro will be functional by then, but you will hear people say bad things about the traffic sense, rash and helmetless driving, wrong way entry of vehicles, ordinary people taking charge of traffic on crucial junctions and screwing them up further, bad roads, pathetic infrastructure and planning etc...

Unfortunately, most of what you will hear is true!

One such incident, occurred last Friday, when I was driving to office. I was waiting at the traffic signal near Bhatarahalli junction along with the rest of the vehicles. Suddenly, a bike rider came out from the service road and made his way to the middle of the road ahead of us and started signaling to everyone to ignore the Red light and proceed. After some hesitation, the vehicles actually broke the signal and started moving. Since everyone was already in motion, I had to follow suite

A few metres ahead. I passed this guy on the bike and he seemed pretty decent. He was wearing a helmet and driving slowly. I wondered why he made us all break the signal. I had my doubts and a few minutes later my suspicion was confirmed as I heard the faint noise of a siren and a few seconds after that, I had to move my car to the side and let an Ambulance pass by...
All that guy on the bike was trying to do is make sure the Ambulance is able to reach its destination on time

In my head, I thanked that bike guy and it helped me realize that not all is bad on the Bengaluru roads - there are a few good people out there
It's upto us to change our perspectives and we will see good in the people around us



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....