The Baby Shower
Hi Bumpsie,
Happy Diwali!!
We are just done celebrating a very successful Diwali in our home where we lit up the whole living room, kitchen and the sitouts. There was a lot of lights, colours, sweets and savory food items and crackers. You shall experience all this first hand next year - even though you wouldn't have much idea of what really is happening....
But I am I am writing this to tell you that a week before you completed another trip to Mumbai. A short and sweet visit mainly to celebrate Mumma's Baby Shower on 3rd of November, 2018
This is an official function that we host to celebrate the joy of motherhood and officially announce to everyone that You will be joining us in a few months time!!
The function was organized in Wadala Math in Mumbai. This is a very special place for us and holds a lot of sentimental value for our family. This place is originally a Ram Mandir, but there a very big hall at the back where every year our community Ganpati sits. Right above this place is a small hall where this function was held
The reason Wadala math is so sentimental is because while growing up, I used to fondly remember my grandfather (or Abu as we fondly called him) used to come here everyday as part of the charity work he did post retirement from Canara Bank. This is also the place now where your Mumma-ajji goes to help out with the GSB Scholarship League. Growing up, I am sure we will take you to Wadala math and I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do
Coming back to the function. The focus of the day is your Mumma. She was dressed up in a amazing saree with her hair tied up in a spacial 'bunn'. She was made to sit on a giant swing which mainly signifies the cradle, which will be your bed for the initial period after you are born
Beautiful - Isn't she?
Here, let me just pause and tell you that you are actually a really lucky fella. Your Mumma is also an amazing person and a wonderful cook. I am sure you are already enjoying many of the culinary delicacies she has been conjuring up and there will be many many more once you come into this world. I am, infact, looking forward to the time when we will both chill on our sofa, on the weekends', and feast over some of your Mumma's delicious food and snacks
On the topic of food, the function was fully organized by Papa Abu and he worked with your Mumma in coming up with the menu which was all vegetarian but very very tasty...
Overall, it was a function that was attended by all our close relatives and enjoyed thoroughly. We returned back to Bangalore to celebrate Diwali at home with the a very Happy feeling that the next time we visit Mumbai, you will be with us in person :)
Happy Diwali!!
We are just done celebrating a very successful Diwali in our home where we lit up the whole living room, kitchen and the sitouts. There was a lot of lights, colours, sweets and savory food items and crackers. You shall experience all this first hand next year - even though you wouldn't have much idea of what really is happening....
But I am I am writing this to tell you that a week before you completed another trip to Mumbai. A short and sweet visit mainly to celebrate Mumma's Baby Shower on 3rd of November, 2018
This is an official function that we host to celebrate the joy of motherhood and officially announce to everyone that You will be joining us in a few months time!!
The function was organized in Wadala Math in Mumbai. This is a very special place for us and holds a lot of sentimental value for our family. This place is originally a Ram Mandir, but there a very big hall at the back where every year our community Ganpati sits. Right above this place is a small hall where this function was held
The reason Wadala math is so sentimental is because while growing up, I used to fondly remember my grandfather (or Abu as we fondly called him) used to come here everyday as part of the charity work he did post retirement from Canara Bank. This is also the place now where your Mumma-ajji goes to help out with the GSB Scholarship League. Growing up, I am sure we will take you to Wadala math and I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do
Coming back to the function. The focus of the day is your Mumma. She was dressed up in a amazing saree with her hair tied up in a spacial 'bunn'. She was made to sit on a giant swing which mainly signifies the cradle, which will be your bed for the initial period after you are born
Here, let me just pause and tell you that you are actually a really lucky fella. Your Mumma is also an amazing person and a wonderful cook. I am sure you are already enjoying many of the culinary delicacies she has been conjuring up and there will be many many more once you come into this world. I am, infact, looking forward to the time when we will both chill on our sofa, on the weekends', and feast over some of your Mumma's delicious food and snacks
On the topic of food, the function was fully organized by Papa Abu and he worked with your Mumma in coming up with the menu which was all vegetarian but very very tasty...
Overall, it was a function that was attended by all our close relatives and enjoyed thoroughly. We returned back to Bangalore to celebrate Diwali at home with the a very Happy feeling that the next time we visit Mumbai, you will be with us in person :)
Comments