Shadowfax
Hi Bumpsie,
I am writing to you today to introduce you to another important family member - our Honda City car whom I fondly call 'Shadowfax' - named after the beautiful white horse of Gandalf the Wizard from 'The Lord of the Ring' series
Officially, this is the second car which I brought (after the Hyundai i10 which I called Black Beauty), but ever since I learned to drive, I have always wanted to own a sedan and that too a Honda City. The City looked very different back then, but our Shadowfax is probably a much better looking and stylish version of the car I saw growing up
The reason I write this blog today is to tell you that Shadowfax recently underwent some major repairs because of a freak accident. While returning home last month, I was hit by a truck driver on the rear right side and that caused some major damage to the door, bumper and many other parts of the car. As you can see below, the car was in pretty bad shape
I dropped it in the garage and almost 3 weeks and a lot of money later, I got it back looking as good as new!
Shadowfax, like many other things, also holds some sentimental value for me. When I was in college, Papa Abu owned a white Maruti Suzuki Esteem sedan. I used to see it everyday from my room in Saraswat Colony where we were staying. Both Papa Abu and me loved the car, but due to a lot of unfortunate circumstances, we had to sell both the house and the Esteem
As a young teenager, I had promised myself that one day I would earn back all that we had to give up. Today, thanks to God's grace and your Mumma's constant encouragement and support we own a big apartment and a stylish white sedan!
That Bumpsie is Life for you - It can be ruthless and take away everything from you, but you are strong enough and fight your way through, it will give you back all that you feel you have lost, with far more beautiful experiences that you can imagine
Someday, you will own your very own car and have a nicname for it as well. Just remember to take extreme care of it. Remember Bumpsie, its never just a car ....Paraphrasing a famous quote by Captain Jack Sparrow "Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a car is, you know. It's not just doors and wheels; that's what a car needs. Not what a car is - What Shadowfax really is, is freedom!!"
Shadowfax is going to be a very important member of our family. It will be the car that you will first travel in once you are born and will hopefully take you places and give you a lot of unique experiences growing up



Comments