Blessed
“Once upon a time on earth, there lived a very hard working farmer. He toiled hard day and night to sow mango plants in his field with the sole aim to feed him and his family. However, inspite of all his efforts the mango trees never bore any fruits. After a patient wait, he went up to Lord Vishnu and asked:
“Dear Lord, Will we be getting any mangoes this year?”
Lord Vishnu assured him, not to be afraid. Vishnu, who was by now frustrated by the functioning of the mango god ‘Mag’, went up to him and asked why his subjects weren’t yet blessed with mangoes despite all their efforts. ‘Mag’ replied saying that he wanted to test the humans more. He didn’t care much about their earthily problems and was more interested in keeping the mangoes for himself. After hearing this, Vishnu could not take it any more and stormed out of Mag’s palace.
Vishnu was however still concerned about his subjects and went up to the god of Jamuns – ‘Ja’ for advice. On hearing Vishnu’s story, ‘Ja’ suggested that he was ready to bless all of Vishnu’s followers with Jamuns, but he needed to test them first to ensure that all were as hard working and talented as Vishnu had indicated.
So, after a stern test, ‘Ja’ blessed everyone including the farmer with a healthy supply of Jamuns. The Jamuns were plenty and it ensured that the farmer was not only able to feed his family and himself, but also sell a large quantity in the market and make some money out of it. The farmer, who continues to follow Lord Vishnu and work hard, now plans to buy a tractor to plough his fields and also plans to get a good home for his family…and hopes that they live happily ever after.”
Dear Reader, I know this blog sounds totally absurd and out of context. I do apologize for the same. This isn’t exactly a blog, but an addition to my ‘Dear Dairy’ items. I am certain that 99% of you will not understand anything that I have written above, but I hope that the 1%, who understands the context on which this has been written, will appreciate it and be inspired.
I would like to dedicate this blog to my dearest friend ‘Da’. Though we are very close, I only get to speak to ‘Da’ some 10 times a year and ‘Da’ messages me only 6 to 7 times a year. Inspite of this, I keenly look forward to each of ‘Da’s’ messages. Few weeks back ‘Da’ sent me a sms. Today, when I look back at the events that have occurred over the last few weeks, I almost feel that ‘Da’ had predicted this was to happen and sent me the sms. The message was as follows:
“When GOD brings you to the edge of the cliff and leaves you alone. TRUST HIM. 1 of 2 things will happen. HE will either catch you when you fall or HE will teach you to fly”
I need to go test my wings now. THANK YOU DA
Comments