A Conversation
After the serial blasts that rocked Bengaluru on Friday afternoon, everyone reading this might obviously expect me to write something about it. However, I thought I would post something a little different, mainly because all that was to be seen has already been broadcast on the news channels and all that was to be written is already out in the papers.
As the news of serial blast trickled into my cubicle on Friday evening, there was a sense of panic, especially among the locals, which was well addressed by the management. As things started to settle down in the evening, the staff started to leave one by one. Me and a few other colleagues decided to stay back a little late to beat the traffic. That's when I was witness to a weird little conversation.
I didn't know what to make of this conversation between two colleagues that comes on the same evening that the city has been rocked and two people have lost their lives. The most likely thought that comes to mind after hearing something like this is - "We Indians are not going to get scared by such attacks". The other, hopefully, unlikely option is "I am not affected and I don't care about what is happening outside". Please enlighten me if you think of any other scenario.
The conversation took place between a Gult and a Foreigner. For those who don't know as yet, a 'Gult' is the Bengaluru lingo for a person from Andhra Pradesh. I am not exactly sure, but it is read as 'telgu' in reverse. 'Foreigner', however, refers to our dear Tamilian neighbours, a majority of whom do not speak the national language and keenly fight for a country of their own.
Fnr: (addressing the Gult) "What man, we should send some of your telugu heroes to take care of the terrorists da. They will diffuse the bomb with left hand and kill the bombers with the rightaa."
Gult: (smiling) "Yes man"
Fnr: "What da, I heard there is this movie being made, where a police officer is killed by a pack of hens aa!! And than more police force is sent to the village and the hens kill them as well!! After that our hero comes and fights the hens. Is it true aa??"
Gult: (trying to hide his face) " Yes raa"
Fnr: "Which movie is this??"
Gult: (something in telugu)
Fnr: "I must watch this movie......very interesting da....wonder how Rajnikanth will react to this??"
As the news of serial blast trickled into my cubicle on Friday evening, there was a sense of panic, especially among the locals, which was well addressed by the management. As things started to settle down in the evening, the staff started to leave one by one. Me and a few other colleagues decided to stay back a little late to beat the traffic. That's when I was witness to a weird little conversation.
I didn't know what to make of this conversation between two colleagues that comes on the same evening that the city has been rocked and two people have lost their lives. The most likely thought that comes to mind after hearing something like this is - "We Indians are not going to get scared by such attacks". The other, hopefully, unlikely option is "I am not affected and I don't care about what is happening outside". Please enlighten me if you think of any other scenario.
The conversation took place between a Gult and a Foreigner. For those who don't know as yet, a 'Gult' is the Bengaluru lingo for a person from Andhra Pradesh. I am not exactly sure, but it is read as 'telgu' in reverse. 'Foreigner', however, refers to our dear Tamilian neighbours, a majority of whom do not speak the national language and keenly fight for a country of their own.
Fnr: (addressing the Gult) "What man, we should send some of your telugu heroes to take care of the terrorists da. They will diffuse the bomb with left hand and kill the bombers with the rightaa."
Gult: (smiling) "Yes man"
Fnr: "What da, I heard there is this movie being made, where a police officer is killed by a pack of hens aa!! And than more police force is sent to the village and the hens kill them as well!! After that our hero comes and fights the hens. Is it true aa??"
Gult: (trying to hide his face) " Yes raa"
Fnr: "Which movie is this??"
Gult: (something in telugu)
Fnr: "I must watch this movie......very interesting da....wonder how Rajnikanth will react to this??"
Comments