BADminton

It was a find Saturday afternoon. As usual, it started to rain in Bengaluru and hence, Aashish and me decided to use the facilities provided by Skylark Society and play a game of badminton to build up a good appetite before hogging on Ami's delicious lunch.

When we reached the court, we saw that four little boys had already occupied the court ahead of us......it was Saturday afternoon afterall. We waited for our turn.....but even after their game, the boys refused to move out. They continued to cry "We want to play more.....we want to play more."

Our big heart and their continuous pestering ensured that we ended up playing, not doubles but triples badminton match. The smallest of the boys was barely tall enough to reach the lower end of the net......inspite of this, the boys refused to give up.....

"Uncle....my shot......Uncle...my serve.....Uncle, I'll smash"

Yes.......5 mins of playing with kids had made us 'Uncles'!!!!!!

We played on and after the match, requested the boys to let Aashiah and me play one game. We said that we planned on leaving after that game.....and so the boys agreed.

As we started our individual game, two of the boys left the court while the other two sat in the corner watching us. Their hands fell on Aashishs' bunch of keys, which happened to contain his RSA security token. (The RSA token is a small device which displays a unique 6-digit number, which changes every 3 minutes. It is used by IT professionals to log-in to their office network from home).

On seeing the numbers change, one of the kids exclaimed to Aashish:

2nd kid: "Uncle, Uncle....the numbers on this thing are changing!!!"
A: (busy with the game): "Don't touch that........it's important!!"
2nd kid: "But Uncle, how are the numbers changing?"
A: "That's top secret!!"
2nd kid: "What secret??...uncle"
A: (getting quite frustrated by now) "Actually, I work for the Army....that is my top-secret security login"
2nd kid: "Wow"
A: "I work for the Army and that uncle works for the navy" (pointing to me)
2nd kid: "WOW!!!"
Me: "You will never find us in uniforms.....we are secret agents!!!" (I had to add something)
A: "Ok....but you don't tell this to anyone ok??"
2nd kid: "No uncle....I won't"

He kept quite for a while and we continued with the game (there was a little grin on our face). Suddenly the 2 kids who had left the court came back in.

2nd kid: "Look da....Uncle's top secret security gadget"
A: (he obviously heard that) "Hey.....Don't tell him man....It's a secret!!!"
2nd kid: "Sorry uncle....sorry uncle"

3rd kid: "What secret da....tell me!!!....pleazzzeeee.....tell me da"
2nd kid: "No I can't tell da"
3rd kid: "Please da"
A: (to the 2nd kid) "Ok...tell him....but you can't tell anyone else ok!!!"
3rd kid: "Please da....tell me da....tell me da..."

I told Aashish that he had to leave the colony before these kids grow up...or else they'll have us arrested or something......but yeah...it ensured that we had a peaceful game of Badminton :)

Those of you who read the blog and were attentive enough....must have realized that I kept referring to the kid, who did most of the talking as '2nd kid' and not as '1st' or '3rd kid'. Any guesses why??

What!!!.......I am a secret agent here, Don't expect me to tell you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....