'Dada' effect

With Saurav Ganguly captaining 'Team Pune' in the IPL now, there is a big question mark over who our Bengali friends would support when the Pune Warriors India (PWI) team play the Kolkatta Knight Riders (KKR) at the Eden Gardens in a few weeks time.

The other day when I stepped in the 'Spoonful of Sugar' cake shop, I could see two Bengali guys (I recognized them by their ascent) sitting by the side and having a debate on the same topic. Obviously, dada's heroics the previous night against the Delhi Daredevils had a big influence on them and the discussion proceeded as follows:

Babu Moshai: "Yesterday's match was too good. Khubo bhalo performance aat che!"
Raso Gula: "Yes....very true. Match changed after Strategic Time out"
Babu Moshai: "Shurely....dada ekati plan kara!"

There was a little quiet period before he continued....
 
Babu Moshai: "Pune and Kolkatta match will be beeg! Beeger than Barshelona vershes Real Maadrid"
Raso Gula: nodding his head in approval

He went on to explain the ideal situation where PWI would bat first and make 180 runs in 20 overs, thanks to dada making 80 in 40 balls, and KKR would chase it down in 17 overs!

'Yeah why not.....no harm in dreaming', I thought to myself, but as I walked out I couldn't help but think about a single person brand and Saurav Ganguly is the best living example we can find.

Imagine a situation where he bowls Kallis at a crucial period in the match and takes off in celebration, as he did the other day:


Eden Gardens is sure to erupt.....we might just feel the resonance throughout the country!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Arranged Marraige

Ebbanad - II

A Fairytale....